The building was constructed with several features, which will make it ideal as a disaster recovery facility in case of a hurricane, or other natural disaster:
- Hurricane resistant construction of reinforced concrete, with a concrete roof
- Hurricane resistant windows, doors & shutters.
- Underground utilities
- An elevated site with close proximity to main commercial areas (Warrens, Wildey, etc)
- Emergency water storage for 2,400 gallons of potable water to supply the kitchen faucet and bathroom taps (toilets, laundry and shower will be fed by 24,000gallon rain water storage.)
- Emergency power supplied by a 220 kVA generator with 1,000 gallon diesel storage tank. (Sufficient power and water for up to approximately 2 weeks.)